Most days I get by.
I get by thanks to my undying belief in the purity and glory of life.
In the knowledge that all is transient, all is interconnected and that all is one.
However at times my human heart tires, my spirit is dampened by those that would seem to be other than sentient. It is an unavoidable aspect of existence and one that thankfully only briefly clouds my vision until personal clarity and equanimity resume.
These instances are only ever caused by my fellow man.
By those whom –
– Prefer to persecute and criticise others in the aim of inflicting pain and percieved personal gain.
– Much prefer the idea of an anthropocentric existence to a holistic, empathic world view.
– Those individuals who would invest their time and energy in order to display their personal financial wealth in order to fill the empty rooms of their soul and to feed their ego with the transient.
As above , there are those that would use their position in society to promote themselves and reduce others.
There are also those that due to them living an almost voluntarily blinkered life, consumed by materialism, satiated by the toys given them by society.
– Those whose eyes are affixed to their mobile phones, who wander the Earth using technology as a window in which to frame the infinite complexity and divinity of the world around them. That also blind them from her entreaties for compassion for herself and her kin
– The dead eyes of the many television viewers soaking up without question all that is programmed into them via satellite networks
– those whose preoccupation with building a wall of amusement and distraction around them will never hear the cries of help from others, feel others pains or seek to understand and nurture those individuals who need the sustenance of warmth, love and belief that may have otherwise been available.
Despite the indifference, negativity and sometimes active resistance of others to experience or entertain any other philosophical or psychological standpoint, I will quietly go my own way. By subtle actions, quiet words and compassion, I will stand my ground and hopefully make some difference for the benefit of those that would require it.